University Alliance of the Silk Road (UASR)
The University Alliance of the Silk Road (UASR) is a non-governmental and non-profitable organization aimed at openness and international cooperation in higher education. UASR unites higher education institutions from the countries located on the historical route of the Great Silk Road.
Within the strategy of the Chinese Government “One Belt, One Road” Xi’an Jiaotong University initiated the Academic Belt of the Silk Road in January 2015 to establish the Alliance with domestic and foreign universities from Asia, Europe, America and Australia.
UASR is aimed at promoting cooperation in the field of higher education, student exchange, enrichment of their educational experience, intercultural communication, as well as development of joint projects and research, enhancing understanding and friendship between the young people, fostering quality and all-round talents with international visions, and facilitating the economic growth of countries on the Silk Road Economic Belt and the Eurasian region.
Currently 150 universities from 38 countries and regions, including Xi’an Jiaotong University, University of Liverpool, National University of Singapore, Harbin Institute of Technology, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Politecnico di Milano, Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Nazarbayev University, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Washington University in St. Louis, California State University Northridge are members of the UASR.
Members of the UASR Executive Council
- Xi’an Jiaotong University (China)
- Harbin Institute of Technology (China)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (China)
- National Research University “Moscow Power Engineering Institute” (Russia)
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University (Russia)
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan)
- Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan)
- University of New South Wales (Australia)
- Centrale Supelec (France)
- University of Liverpool (UK)
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Benha University (Egypt)
- Sabanci University (Turkey)
- Issanov Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture (Kyrgyzstan)
- National University of Sciences and Technology (Pakistan)
- Technic University of Berlin (Germany)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Pusan National University (South Korea)
More information on the UASR here.