Asian Universities Alliance (AUA)
The Asian Universities Alliance (AUA) was established on April 29, 2017. Nazarbayev University is one of the co-founder members. The opening ceremony was held in Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. About 400 professors and students representing 15 universities from 13 countries took part in the work of the first meeting of the Alliance.
The Alliance is aimed at joint consideration of regional and global issues in the fields of higher education, economic, scientific and technological development through strengthening cooperation among member institutions.
15 universities from 13 countries are members of the AUA:
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (China)
- University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Seoul National University (South Korea)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (India)
- University of Indonesia (Indonesia)
- Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- University of Malaya (Malaysia)
- University of Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- University of Yangon (Myanmar)
- Peking University (China)
- United Arab Emirates University (United Arab Emirates)
- King Saud University (Saudi Arabia).
A number of the founding members are within the top 50 institutions in the Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2017 (THE) and the QS World University Rankings 2017 (QS).
Asia university ranking (THE) 2018
World university ranking (THE) 2019
Asia university ranking (QS) 2019
World university ranking (QS) 2019
National University of Singapore
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
University of Tokyo
Seoul National University
More information on AUA here.