Studying and Living in Kazakhstan
Aspiring to become a world-class research university Nazarbayev University is committed to build a truly international community and is placing internationalization at the forefront of its activities. An attribute of a global university calls for an ability to attract students, faculty and researchers from around the world.
We believe that a multinational environment will facilitate exchange of advanced knowledge and best practices, and arm our students with a global outlook and intercultural competencies, which are nowadays highly in demand to be competitive on the modern internationalized labor market.
Important information on Airlines and available destinations
- Air Astanaoffers a weekly flight, on Wednesdays to Frankfurt (via Uralsk) and a weekly flight on Tuesdays to Amsterdam (via Atyrau) and resumed direct weekly flight from Nur-Sultan to Frankfurt 5 flights a week;
- Air Astana resumed flights to Dubai and Kyiv;
- Flights to Poland resumed on 16 September 2020
- Starting from August 29 Air Astana has repatriation flight to Moscow for non-Kazakhstan residents
- Flights to Moscow resume on 21 September 2020
- Air Astana resumed flights to Tashkent, will be operated once a week.
- Flights to Bishkek resume from 20 September 2020
- The regular flights to Istanbuland Antalya resume from August 28th and 29th respectively.
- Flights to Georgia (Tbilisi and Batumi) have been cancelled for July and August due to airspace closure.
- Starting from August 27, THY resumed flights from IST to ALA (5 times a week) and NQZ(3 times a week) https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/flights/booking/index.html
- Belavia and Fly Dubai resumed flights to KZ Additional information on flights and related notices can be found on the https://belavia.by/ and https://www.flydubai.com/ru/plan/timetable
- Air Astana still performs flights to Seoul (ICH) (direct, once every two weeks from Almaty). (Note: As of July 9, passengers (except Korean nationals) must present a negative PCR certificate issued within 48 hours of departure*.
*PCR tests must be obtained at one of the following clinics, approved by the Korean Embassy in Kazakhstan: Olympus, MPK Clinic, or Invivo. If passengers hold a certificate in Russian or Kazakh, they must present a notarized English or Korean translation, together with the original certificate.) Additional information on flights and related notices can be found on the Air Astana website.
For all inquiries related to information on available destinations and airlines operating flights with Kazakhstan, please kindly contact the Department of International cooperation:
Ainura Shakirova, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maulen Yergaziyev, email@example.com.